DID YOU KNOW?
• 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men have experienced some form of physical violence by an intimate partner.vi
• On a typical day, domestic violence hotlines receive approximately 21,000 calls, approximately 15 calls every
• Intimate partner violence accounts for 15% of all violent crime.
• Having a gun in the home increases the risk of homicide by at least 500%.
• 72% of all murder-suicides involved an intimate partner; 94% of the victims of these crimes are female.
(Source: National Coalition Against Domestic Violence)
On Saturday October 27, 2018 we held our annual domestic violence event at the Linden Community Center. Several speakers gave first hand accounts on how domestic violence has impacted their lives. We also heard from a Franklin County Judge and a Columbus Police Officer who detailed how they interact with domestic violence survivors.
If you or you know someone that is in need of assistance with domestic violence please call National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233 (SAFE).